St. Patty’s Day Fun – Day 1 with treats, trivia and games
Did you know….
Found a four leaf clover? Great. You will now have good luck in gambling and racing and it will render witchcraft powerless! However, you must always carry it with you and never show it to others, or your luck will fail.
Drinking Games – McNickels
This is much more than the Irish version of the popular “Quarters” game (where drunks try and bounce dirty coins into perfectly good glasses of alcohol). In this version, if you bounce your nickel into the glass you actually drink the nickel too. And in this case it pays to win, because if you hork it all up… you get enough change for another drink! Genius!
Fudge Mint Popcorn
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 cups
Chocolate covered popcorn loaded with mint cookies, mint candies, and more chocolate.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup chocolate candies, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fudge mint cookies, chopped & divided
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 cup green candy melts (Wilton)
- 3 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Combine popcorn, marshmallows, 1/2 cup chocolate candies, and 1 cup fudge mint cookies pieces in a large bowl. Crush the extra 1/2 cup cookies into crumbs and set aside with the extra chocolate candies.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the white chips and shortening. Heat slowly, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss until everything is coated. Spread out on a wax paper lined cookie tray. Sprinkle with the crushed cookies and the extra 1/4 cup chocolate candies. Let set.
- Heat the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Spoon into a plastic bag and cut the tip off one corner. Drizzle over the popcorn and top with sprinkles. Let set before eating.